Monday, January 22, 2018

Words and Birds


Kindergarten teachers know that you need to keep the kids moving or they get bored and don't learn as well.  One crazy thing I cam up with is "Words and Birds".  Kindergartners must walk on the balance beam crossing over the alligator ridden swamp on their way to the trampoline.  While they are jumping on the trampoline, I show them flashcards of words and then birds.  They tell me the names of them.  Actually, I took a class that said it was a good idea to have kids jump on the trampoline and try to read words because it helps their eye muscles.  Anyway...it was a hit!  After they finished, they were a bit breathless, so they are getting some exercise too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Day of School!

It is hard to believe that it was the last day of school!  The year went so quickly!  I am so proud of the progress that these young chil...